Licensed Mental Health Counselor
Alexis Megahee completed her Master’s of Science in Counseling Psychology at Palm Beach Atlantic University. She graduated with her Bachelor’s degree in Psychology from the University of Central Florida in 2010. Alexis joined Charis Counseling Center as a student intern as she continued to pursue her academic endeavors and passionately pursued her career in counseling.
Alexis has been working full-time as office manager since January 2011 and has been with Charis since 2009. Her specialty areas include individual, children, adolescent, and family services drawing from her own personal experiences, experiences in the field, and volunteer efforts in the community. Alexis and her husband live in Orlando, Florida and had their little boy in October 2013.
Alexis has a passion for people to grow, mature, and find healing in difficult life situations by focusing on individual strengths to overcome challenges. We all find ourselves in a place where we need someone to stand in the gap for us when we cannot seem to do so for ourselves. She deeply encourages you to take the next step today that will forever impact your tomorrow!
Specialty areas include:
- Women’s Issues
- Self-Esteem issues/Body Image Issues
- Vocational/Career Counseling and Assessment
- Registered Keirsey Temperament Sorter (KTS-II) Administrator
- Anger Management Issues
- Managing Moods (Depression, Anxiety, Fears)
- Adjusting to Life Changes
- Self-Injurious Behaviors
- Coping with Divorce/Separation/Grief/Loss (see Grief Counseling)
- Behavioral Problems: Child, Adolescent, and Adult
- Social and Life Skills Training
- Substance Abuse Issues / Recovery
- Infertility Counseling
Office Hours: Monday – Friday